Thursday, September 22, 2011

Everybody Hates New Facebook




CNET - Facebook users were searching for a “dislike” button to express their annoyance with the social network’s revamped news feed.

Facebook today rolled out a new version of its news feed, which breaks up top stores and recent posts into separate columns and adds a new ticker-like column with live updates from friends. It’s an effort by the social network to further emulate Twitter’s real-time messages and updates.

But the changes have drawn a wave of complaints as people took to social networks–including Facebook–to express their annoyance, with many complaining about the clutter and confusion of all the extra feeds. Others were annoyed by the sudden change. The hashtag #NewFacebook is among the top trending topics on Twitter, and the responses have been fairly negative.

“If i want to chat, I will open my chat… if I want Twitter i will go on Twitter… if I wanna check in, I’ll go to Foursquare… BUT I don’t need ALL in one!!! urghhhhh how can I go back to the old Facebook?!” food blogger Cindy Zhou complained today on Facebook.                  More