Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Find out how long the line is at airport security before you go


Web app or iPhone app WhatsBusy predicts how long it'll take to get through airport security so you can plan your departure accordingly.

CNET - I do not enjoy air travel. Of the many aspects I dislike -- the potential for exploding during takeoff, middle seats in coach, turbulence, the person in front of you fully reclining for the entire flight, the potential for crashing during landing -- there is one I must face before I even leave the house: the anxiety about getting caught in a miles-long security line at the airport and missing my flight. Perhaps for my next trip that requires a flight, WhatsBusy can reduce my anxiety a bit -- at least until I get to the gate and begin to think about getting on the plane.

WhatsBusy is available as a Web app or an iPhone app, and it predicts the wait you'll encounter when you arrive at the airport. WhatsBusy states that its "forecasts are made with real data, not social media check-ins or tweets. We analyze things like things like weather, demographics, and events to predict crowdiness at your favorite places."   Read More